Friday, February 19, 2016

Maui, Hawaii February 16 - 26, 2016

Surfing, SUP (Stand Up Paddle) Boarding, 
Maui Ocean Center and Lahina

We had a busy day. Scott's Mom and I took a SUP Board lesson while Scott rented a surf board and did some surfing. Our lesson was at 7:30 am and we had too be there by just after 7 to get ready to go. It was so much fun! I feel way more confident to take our Paddle Board out this summer.
Scott and I after a really fun morning
Scott's mom and Scott posing with their boards
After we got back from our morning on the water, (Scott's dad stayed with the girls at the condo) we headed out for our day of activities. First stop the Maui Ocean Center







This time Elyse was much more brave and touched the critters in the touch pool, last time she wouldn't touch any thing








We stopped for lunch on our way to Lahina at Launiupoko Beach Park. This is a great park for kids, there was a large break wall and the girls actually played in ocean.
A small opening in the break wall, where a nice flow of water refreshed the pool with each wave.
The protected pool wasn't too deep and it had a mostly sandy bottom
The girls loved playing in the water at Launiupoko Beach

We did a bit of sight seeing in Lahina, we were hoping there might be a market going under the big Banyan Tree but not today. We walked from the Harbor down Front street to check out all the stores and back. Brynn was so tired, I was giving her a piggy back ride and she fell asleep. Elyse stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and continued to do some shopping, while Scott and I took Brynn back to the rental van and let her have a nap in her car seat.


Its tough to be almost 3 in Maui!

No comments: