Friday, September 22, 2006

New Job - August 11, 2006

The only new things since my trip to Toronto with Scott are that my interim licence finally came in and I now have a job. I got originally hired on at the hospital as casual for the Medical/Surgical ward (Acute), and I also orientated downstairs at the hospital at the extended care unit (ECU) to do casual shifts as well.

My first day of orientation the ECU, I heard that there was a permanent part time line starting on the 15 of August and if I was interested it could be mine. I didn't even have to think about it, I figured I would be in tough to get enough hours as a casual, and at least this line was scheduled and I could actually make plans, and maybe even fill in as casual on my days off.

Well, it turns out the line that I took is a 0.89 (full time is 1.0). I will be working 2 days 2 nights and then have 4 off. All night shifts are 7:00 pm to 7:00 am, and day shifts on the weekend are 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, while day shifts on week-days are 11:30 am - 7:00 pm (this is why it is not a full time line). The only down fall that I did not expect, is that during my 4 days off I can't take any casual shifts because they will be considered over-time (well if they can't get anyone else to take the shift at regular time, then I can do them on over-time).

I hope all will turn out in the end at least I have a job, an actual schedule and maybe some money in the near future.

No comments: