Friday, September 22, 2006

I got the Job!! - July 1, 2006

While I was doing my preceptorship at the Hospital April/May '06, I heard through the grapevine that the 3 casuals the hospital wanted to hire were myself, and 2 other girls from my class. (Tracey and Lori Ann - they too were doing their preceptorships at the hospital).

A couple of weeks ago I heard that they had gotten interivews at the hospital this past Monday. And I hadn't gotten a phone call even though I did put my application in with Interior Health. After I talked with Lori Ann on Monday afternoon, and learned that she was hired, I decided to do my application again, but online this time.

I got a phone call on that Tuesday afternoon, and my interivew was on Wednesday. The interivew was basically a formality, because at the end one of the interview ladies questioned the other "Is it a go?" and the response was "Yes, I knew it was a go before we even got here."

So, to make a long story short, I am now officially hired at the Hospital here in Creston, but seem to be lacking a interim-licence in order to actually work!!! Grrrrr.... Stupid College. On the bright side, I will be heading to Toronto this coming Wedesday for a week and then spending some time either in Calgary for the Stampede or at the Resort in Sorrento. I hope I'll have my interim-licence by the time I get back.

No comments: