Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic Opening Ceremonies, Vancouver BC, February 12, 2010

When the lottery for Olympic Tickets was first started, well over a year ago. Scott and I and another couple we know (Dave & Stacey), put in for a bunch of tickets. Scott and I, Dave and Stacey all put in for 4 tickets to: Hockey, Hockey and more Hockey. On a whim we also put in for Opening and Closing Ceremonies tickets. Well all that either of us got with that lottery were that Dave and Stacey got 4 opening tickets and we got 4 closing tickets. No Hockey!

We all went to the Opening Ceremonies. What an amazing show. Scott and I flew down to Vancouver with Elyse (she did really well on the flight there and back). We stayed with my Aunt Nur and Uncle John, what a blast, it is always fun staying with them. We flew to Vancouver with Air Miles and the only seats they had were on the Wednesday night, so we got to visit until our flight home on Sunday.

On Friday morning, the day of the Opening Ceremonies, we took they Sky Train into Vancouver. We met up with Scott's brother Brian for lunch, and he finally got to meet Elyse. After checking out all the stuff going on, on Robson St. we headed to Brian's apartment. We met up with Dave and Stacey there as well and then we all attended the show. After the Ceremonies were over, we went back to Brian's place to let the crowds settle down a bit before we got back on the Sky Train to Delta.

A very long but exciting and fun day!

Brian, Elyse and I at the count down clock

Scott, Elyse and I before the show



Elyse and I - she was looking so very cute and Olympic

Our friends Dave and Stacey

This gives you an idea of where our seats were. This is the jump that the snowboarder went off of to open the games

One of my favourite parts of the show - the huge bear that rose from the floor

Another favourite - Orcas surfacing on the floor, they had confetti spray out of the floor to simulate the blow hole spray

One of Scott's favourite parts - Skiers and Snowboarders coming down the mountain. I missed this part as Elyse was being fussy and needed to be walked, and walked - I think I must have done at least 5 laps of the stadium

After the show - waiting for the crowds to settle. A sleeping Elyse with her Uncle Brian

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome shots, Leanne!

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Some how I missed this post! Looks like you guys had pretty nice seats. And Elyse looked perfect for the event!