Monday, July 06, 2009

Painting the Baby's Room - Part 1 Preparations

I thought we'd get started getting ready for the new baby, as we are already half way through. Yikes, when did that happen!!

We are choosing not to find out the sex, so I chose a sage green colour for the walls, hoping that it would be uni-sexed enough. Right now the walls in both small rooms are light baby blue, the new colour is called Herbal Lift, from Beauti Tone found at Home Hard Ware. Also, the colour I chose is not super pale and light, I like colour and hope the baby does to (remember the orange bathroom at the old house).

There were a few holes in the walls from the previous owners, shelves I think. I filled those, sanded them and put a first coat of paint over them, as I didn't want to buy primer just for a couple of spots. I've taped the moldings and now I just have to borrow a step ladder to get started painting, I can't quite reach the top edge between ceiling and wall with just a chair.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You be careful missy!!

Can't wait to see the final product!!