Monday, July 13, 2009

Goat Style Mountain Bike Competition

The Mountian Bike competition ran from Friday night till Sunday afternoon here in town. A huge course was set up at the local recreation centre, with lots of wooden ramps, and big dirt jumps. The winner got $3000.00 and a chance to compete in Whistler at Kokanee Crankworks in a few weeks.

Friday night they were giving the riders that did really great jumps/tricks cash. Saturday morning we got a call from one of Scott's co-workers, asking if we could help him put up a huge promotional ballon beer can. It was suppose to have been put up by the sales/marketing guys on Friday but for some reason they didn't get it done. So we went down and helped put it up, it was really easy to do.

Sunday we went to the competion to watch the finals. Wow is all I can say about the tricks the guys were doing off the big dirt jumps. They made it look so easy, but I am sure gravity would have a greater force on me if I tried doing the jumps.

Friday Night - Cash for big Tricks
Saturday Morning - Terry and Scott setting up the Beer Can BallonSunday Finals - note the big beer can that Scott and I got to help set upSasq even got on the bike for a ride down through the course

No comments: