Scott's annual conference for work was held in Las Vegas this year. We flew down on Friday, and I took a flight home on Tuesday morning, while Scott stayed. His conference was Monday to Thursday. We stayed at Mandalay Bay, and met up with Scott's mom and dad. They were traveling in their trailer around the southwestern states for their winter vacation and planned a stop in Vegas while Scott and I were there. Their RV park was only a 15/20 minute cab ride south of the strip and it was great to meet up with them for the afternoon/evenings.
 |
| Where we stayed, at the very south end of the strip |
 |
| The Luxor next door |
 |
| Some time at the beach/wave pool. This area was great, it had real sand and the temperature was perfect to spend a couple of hours relaxing by the pool every afternoon. |
 |
| The view from our room of the beach/wave pool and the southern conference centre |
On afternoon we got front row seats at the beach. It was almost like we were at the ocean, with the waves crashing at our feet!
The night we arrived, Scott and his dad got tickets to a Led Zepplin tribute show. While they were at the show, Scott's mom and I walked all the way up to Treasure Island, checking out the sights along the way. We timed our walk right and got to see the water/lights/music show at the Bellagio, the Volcano show at the Mirage and we waited for over half an hour for the pirate show at Treasure Island, only to discover that it hasn't run for 2 years! (maybe the internet/google could get up to date on that little piece of information). We used a bus pass to get back down to Mandalay Bay and met back up with Scott and Barry after the tribute show.
On Saturday night Scott and I got tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show, Mystere at Treasure Island. We met up with Scott's mom and dad for dinner and then again after the show up at Fremont Street. This weekend, there was a Nascar Race, and the crowd was very interesting. There was several free shows going on, and we all had a lot of fun.
 |
| Before heading off to see Mystere |
 |
| Treasure Island |
 |
| "Selfie" on Fremont Street |
The girls loved the videos I took of the light show on Fremont
Scott and I walked the strip and checked out the sights and to do a bit of shopping. The fountain show at the Bellagio was better at night, but still impressive enough during the day.
We met Barry and Margaret again in the evening and booked our selves in for a gondola ride at the Venetian. Then out for dinner, Yum!
Scott and I found these really cute tee shirts for the girls. This was the only shopping I did as I traveled with a carry on bag and didn't have the room for much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment