Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ummm... So we're not going to Halifax !

July 12 - 7:15 am (36 hours before we get on the plane to Halifax)

Scott calls me at home after just arriving at work. He was offered a better job here at the Brewery in Creston. He is going to be the Brewmaster ! This position is 2 steps up from his current job as a FLM (Front Line Manager) of the brewing department and 1 step up from his job in Halifax as Brewing Specialist. Each step up means a 15 % raise and an increase in his bonus potential - so it is not like he could have turned the job down.

Only problem(s):

I quit my job ! I have not chance of getting my very hard earned Permanent job back - but luckily I planned on working casually until we left for Halifax I just gave up my line and went to Casual status so I didn't lose any of my seniority hours.

The house is sold ! We looked into every way to get out of the house deal, but unfortunately the conditions on the offer we agreed to were: house inspection and financing. The financing wasn't an issue (damn) and we left every fault of the house very visible during the house inspection (it's not like a good inspector wouldn't find them anyways). In the end the buyer wanted a new hot water tank and we refused hoping that they would walk away from the deal. But it was a no go, they still wanted our house even with the dented up hot water tank.

No comments: